New Year’s Eve in Times Square rocks! When the ball drops and the wishing wall confetti explodes, it’s time to party, get high on nostalgic sentiment, and get busy planning future dreams. If you haven’t checked half the things off of your resolutions list, we feel you, bro. But don’t worry! Just make a new one and include the most important things, like going to the gym every day and starting that new diet next Monday.
Let the celebrations begin!
For over 108 years, an obsessive love for the beginning of the end has kept NYE celebrations in Times Square firmly on the world’s top annual party calendar. The city, just a little (or a lot) crazier than usual, buzzes with love, excitement, and anticipation for what’s to come.
Every year hundreds of thousands of New Year’s Eve fanatics congregate in Times Square to celebrate the party from the perfect spot, make the perfect memory and start the new year with a BANG! Some even camp out 24 hours before!
Will you dare to be one of those crazed NYE fanatics pitching camp in Times Square on 31st December 2013? Don’t say you haven’t been warned if you arrive at 8pm only to find that you have to stand miles away from the celebration.
Traditional sequence of events
- 3:00 PM: Times Square (42nd to 47th Sts. between Broadway & 7th Ave.) is fully closed to traffic and everything becomes real. NYPD is there to guide all the revelers to each viewing section and keep the peace. As over one million people tend to gather around to watch the Ball Drop, the crowd fills the Times Square neighborhood along Broadway and Seventh Avenue moving uptown from 43rd Street to as far as Central Park.
- 6:00 PM: a giant switch will be flipped to light the Ball, and then it will start to ascend amid stunning pyrotechnic effects atop One Times Square.
- Around 6:30 PM: the Times Square Alliance hands out celebratory balloons, hats and scarves for free
- 7:00 PM: the hourly countdown begins, celebrating other nations striking midnight. Time to make friends with everyone around you and maybe even find someone for the midnight kiss!
- 11:59 PM on the dot: The Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball starts its descent and then…
- 12:00 PM: BANG! Times Square EXPLODES as the world-famous New Year’s Eve confetti is released from the rooftops of buildings throughout Times Square, the music plays, and a brand new year full of possibilities begins. It’s pyrotechnic party madness, baby!
Getting your New Year’s Eve magic juuuust right
New Year’s Eve is always the biggest celebration of the year, so prepare for the party well in advance and make sure youchoose your ticket wisely! Select from the very best of 2013/2014 NYE Times Square Tickets available by following the suggestions shared by the clubZone nightlife industry peeps in-the-know.